Photo credit: David Oppenheimer
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Ever wondered what the large structure visible from Highway 101 (above photo) houses? Interested in space, science, and/or ongoing research projects at NASA?
Join us for a special tour of NASA Ames Research Center and talk hosted by NASA Senior Scientist Dr. Kimberly Ennico-Smith (@kennicosmith). Our tentative schedule includes:
- 8:15am: arrival and badging.
- 9:00am: overview of NASA Ames Research Center.
- 10:00am: tour of NASA Astrobee Robotics lab, featuring NASA Astrobees.
- 11:00am: tour of USAF National Full-Scale Aerodynamics Complex, including the largest wind tunnel in the world (Note: US citizens and Green Card holders only).
- 12:00pm: lunch at the NASA Ames Cafeteria, “Mega Bites”.
- 1:00pm: depart home.
- Please register early, if possible! Sign-ups will close on March 19.
- We are charging a $10 fee to help cover costs for bus transportation within the NASA Ames complex.
- Foreign nationals (non-US citizens or non-Green Card holders) must register and submit passport information by February 17. (If you are not a US citizen or green card holder, please get in touch with Bianca ASAP at email@example.com).
- The wind tunnel tour at 11am will be for US citizens and Green Card holders only; we will provide a waiting area for foreign nationals.
- Guests are welcome, including children.
- The gift shop is open to the public from 10am-6pm; you are welcome to stay and browse the shop after the tour.
What to bring/wear:
- Comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes. Wear layers, as the NFAC can get cold. There will be a considerable amount of walking on the tour.
- Money for lunch (approximately $10 per entree); cash, card, and ApplePay accepted.
- Passport or valid government-issued photo ID (passport required for foreign nationals).
You must log in or register to make a booking.